Thursday, September 1, 2011

Let the countdown begin!

Today is September 1st, which means in 29 days I will be crossing the pond to start my secondment in England. For those of you who don't know what secondment means, let me explain.  It's a fancy way to say work exchange.  And I have been lucky enough to be chosen to work in Kings Lynn, England for 6 months.

Having never been out of the country, you can imagine how excited I am!  I know where I will be living.  A small village just outside of Kings Lynn called West Winch.  I know that I will be driving a manual car while I'm out there.  While driving a manual doesn't worry me, I have been driving one for the last 12 years or so.  What does have me a bit worried is driving a stick with my left hand, while sitting on the wrong side of the car.  Let's just hope I remember to drive on the right side of the road. (The wrong side for us Yanks!)

I have been working on a list of places that I want to see and do while I'm out there.  London, Stonehenge, Hever Castle, Bath just to name a few.  The plan is to take a lot of pictures while I'm there and I will post as many as I can.  If anyone has any suggestions on places that I should see, let me know!

So, at this point, the only thing that I really need to do is pack.  Which may prove harder than I think.  However, I'm not going to worry about it too much at this point.  I still have 29 days.  Let's just hope that the next 29 days don't go by too fast!

I'll post again when it gets closer to the date to let you know how I'm doing with the packing and finishing up at work.

4 comments:

  1. I think you MUST go to Ireland, we ARE Irish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be safe, my darling girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to see ... yourself! ~in a whole new light! Wishing you much excitement as well as peace on your journey! We'll miss you, but enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring me back one of those funky hats hahahaha...and please go see the National Gallery! HAVE FUN!!! lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete