Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's almost over...

Well folks, my time here in jolly old England is almost over.  On Sunday I will board a plane to head back home to Indiana.  (And of course as I am writing this I can hear Jim Nabors sing Back Home Again in Indiana!)

 I remember when I first got here how crazy I thought I was for doing this and how long 6 months seemed.  However, these last 6 months have just flown by!  And I can honestly say that I am thrilled that I did this.  I won't lie to you and say it was the easiest thing that I have ever done, but it was well worth it.  I have made some really great friends while I have been here and will miss them terribly.  They made this experience all the more worth while. 

I have also enjoyed sharing this experience with all of you.  I still have more to write about.  I did a lot of traveling in the last several weeks that I haven't had a lot of time to write about it.  So, I hope you keep coming back to read about the things I have done here in England.  And after that who knows what I will write about!

But for now I have to pack!  I can't figure out how I have accumulated so much stuff in the last 6 months.  I am coming home with more than twice the amount that I came with!  And if I'm honest with myself, I plan on doing a bit more shopping before I leave...I can't leave England without a proper pair of wellies!

But before I go, I thought I would add a couple of photos!  Everytime I took the train into London, I used the King's Cross station.  And everytime I was there I looked for Platform 9 3/4 and I never was able to find it.  Over St. Patrick's Day weekend they opened up a new section of King's Cross Station, which is beautiful by the way.  I now know why I couldn't find it...it was in the new part.  Although I will say this about it...it's nowhere near platforms 9 and 10! 


Oh and I finally remembered to get my picture taken inside the map.  If you remember in my first blog about London I mentioned that I am a rather big Friends fan.  It wasn't until my second to last trip to London that I remembered to do it.  I didn't have as cool of a map that Joey did with the pop up landmarks, but I figured this still did the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment